1 Jun 2016

Dinner At The Bangalore Express

To celebrate the launch of the new A La Carte menu for Bangalore Express City by Chef Patron Yogesh Datta. Myself and some other food bloggers were invited to enjoy an evening meal and drinks at the Bangalore Express.

Carrot Fudge
Bangalore Express Carrot Fudge Dessert
It was an enjoyable evening of food, drinks and networking. As the evening went on, we all found ourselves sharing and photographing one another's food like one big happy family.

For drinks, I ordered a guava bellini, which just tastes like wine. The mumbaita mocktail consists of raspberry, pineapple, lychee and lemonade and tastes pretty good.

I also enjoyed some sips of hubby's refreshing pineapple lime sparkle made of pineapple, lemonade and lime.

An appetizer of fresh poppadoms were brought out to us as we took our seats in the restaurant. Served with beetroot, mango and garlic dips.

The garlic sauce at the Bangalore express is tomato based and deliciously fragrant. The mango is a sweet syrup with no actual mango pieces. The beetroot dip at the Bangalore Express is really nice. I'm not much of a beetroot fan, but this sauce is mild not overpowering, with a light taste of curry.

There's a lot to go through on the menu at Bangalore Express, and although predominantly Indian cuisine. There's even Caribbean curry goat. South African bunny chow's and Indo-Chinese fusions to salivate over.

Chicken Dumplings
Bangalore Express Chicken Dumpling Starter
For starters, I enjoyed the steamed chicken dumplings. I love my dim sum and these babies were perfectly done. They come served with some seriously hot sauce plus a litlle sweet chilli sauce.

J's starter was the lollipop chicken wings. The lollipop chicken wings at the Bangalore Express look as amazing as they taste. With a generous sprinkling of  fresh chives and some sparkling pomegranate seeds. The meat is so tender and coated in a slightly sweet sauce, with a spice that slowly creeps up on you.

Lollipop Chicken Wings
Bangalore Express Lollipop Chicken Wings
For my main, I went for a 'choose your own' curry plate of hot and sweet lamb dhansak. Bombay potatoes and lemon and chilli rice. The lamb is super tender and the curry is mildly sweet, with a little bit of a kick to it. The Bombay potatoes are yummy and the lemon and chilli rice is quite fragrant.

Lamb Dhansk
Bangalore Express Hot And Sweet Lamb Dhansk

J ordered a main dish that originally caught my eye on the menu. The duck breast in a hot and sour pumpkin curry. The duck is super tender and the curry spices slowly creep up on you.

Duck Pumpkin Curry
Bangalore Express Hot And Spicy Duck Pumpkin Curry
A tip for my fellow naan bread lovers who plan on eating out at the Bangalore Express. Get the keema naan as it's better than the plain naan - At least I think it is.

The food presentation at Bangalore Express cannot be faulted. There were quite a few photo worthy dishes being brought out to other guests at our media table. Such as the dosa and biryani pictured below. 
Dosa
Bangalore Express Dosa
Bangalore Biryani
Bangalore Express Lamb Biryani
I didn't eat as much of my main as I could, because I wanted to leave room for dessert.

I liked the sound of creamy Indian ice cream with rose vermicelli and basil seeds, however I wasn't in the mood for ice cream.

I settled on the carrot fudge with clotted cream. The dessert consists of carrot shavings mixed with a fudge sauce and some clotted cream on the side. It tasted quite nice however I was actually in the mood for some cake.
Ginger Sponge
Bangalore Express Ginger Sponge With Ice Cream Dessert

After seeing someone else's ginger sponge cake sitting pretty, I ordered the ginger sponge with ice cream. The ginger sponge is served warm, and is soft and a little gooey which me likey.


I recommend the Bangalore Express for their delicious menu options.

Found this Bangalore Express City review useful?
Subscribe to this blog for more tips on what to eat in London.
Bangalore Express Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Search This Blog