30 Oct 2015

Laduree Review London

The Laduree London branch that I visited is tucked away in a little corner in Covent garden. It has unique decor. Pastel green, with touches of cream and pastel pink, which make for a light, dreamy, feminine atmosphere.

Laduree was well stocked when I visited, with tons of macaron flavours to choose from. A friendly native french man was serving. I asked him what the most popular items were. He pointed to some chocolate thingy - I can't remember the name. He also said that Isaphan was a customer favourite.
Laduree Isaphan - City Food Blog
Laduree Isaphan Macaron
Isaphan is a large rose flavoured macaron sandwich, with fresh raspberries, cream and lychee. I purchased one as it's so pretty. Laduree has a number of beautiful looking cakes. One of which looks like it has brown noodles on top! The helpful server explained that it's actually chestnut cream.

Laduree cakes look so feminine - fit for a wedding. They even sell large macaron cakes! I wish I had found out about Laduree before my big day, as a macaron cake would have made for a lovely 2nd wedding cake. Still, maybe I can get one for my birthday or an anniversary.

Laduree has full cafe seating available upstairs, though I didn't venture up on this occasion. Downstairs is very snug, with room for only a handful of eager customers. Alongside a Isphan macaron sandwich I bought three regular macarons in vanilla, coffee and salted caramel flavour. Plus a pretty rose and raspberry flavoured pastry called Saint-Honore.

My items were handed to me in the most beautiful, luxurious looking pacakaging. Everything down to their plastic bag is branded with the Laduree logo.
Laduree Macarons - City Food Blog
Laduree Coffee Vanilla and Salted Caramel Macarons
The coffee macaron has the perfect hint of coffee but is overall just ok. I wouldn't buy it again. The vanilla macaron is really quite nice, with a creamy, flavoursome center. The salted caramel macaron is unexpectedly amazing! It has a delicious flavour, not too much salt and a chewy caramel center. I would definately buy a Laduree salted caramel macaron again.

So let me tell you about the Isaphan by Laduree. If you pull this baby apart you'll find a lychee sandwiched between two thick pink rose flavoured macarons. Fresh raspberries and a little sweet cream. The raspberries taste fresh and not too sour. The cream has a slight taste of rose and the fresh lychee really brings out the rose flavour, it's a nice hint - Not overpowering. Isaphan at time of order was £5.40
Laduree Giant Macaron Sandwich - City Food Blog
Laduree Rose Flavoured Giant Macaron
Overall It has a pleasantly unique taste. Not too sweet, lovely and refreshing, with all those fresh fruits. However I think it looks better than it tastes, but then again I'm not a major macaron or fruit dessert fan.

The rose and raspberry Saint-Honore by Laduree isn't advertised as a cronut (crossaint + doughnut) but it can definately pass for one. Although you wouldn't know just by looking at it.

Laduree Rose & Raspberry Saint-Honore Crodough - City Food Blog
A generous amount of mildly sweetened cream sits atop croissant like pastry. 3 fresh raspberries and 3 mini pastry balls are also delicately positioned and the dosant slash crodough (doughnut + crossiant hybrid) is glazed with a soft, sweet pink icing. The rose and raspberry Saint-Honore by Laduree cost £5.40 at time of purchase.

I prefer soft sticky doughnut icing to the hard crumbly one - so I was a happy girl. Hidden in the center is another fresh raspberry and some fresh raspberry sauce. This French patisserie smells like roses, but I didn't get much of a floral taste. Not that I'm complaining, because I love this pastry. It isn't sickeningly sweet. Everything is actually pretty savoury, apart from the sweet icing glaze - and that's not a bad thing at all.

Laduree have four branches in London, all in luxurious areas as one might expect. Laduree isn't a cheap patisserie, but since when has luxury ever come cheap! Their products look and taste delicious, and would make the perfect gift - so it's well worth a visit.

Safe to say, I'll definately be making another trip to Laduree!

Found this Laduree review useful?
Subscribe to this food blog for more tips on what to eat in London.

Ladurée Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Square Meal

Search This Blog